Apply for the IGF Youth Ambassador Program As seen in the Nigerian Chapter of ISOC and www.internetsociety.org.
Photo Credit: Members of the 2015 Internet Society IGF Ambassador program. (Source: Kasek Galgal)
Apply for the IGF Youth Ambassador Program
The Internet Society is now accepting applications for the 2019 IGF Youth Ambassadors Program! We encourage you to apply or share this announcement with your communities who are also passionate about empowering the Next Generation of Internet Leaders. Information and links to apply can be found here: www.internetsociety.org/fellowship/… Please, note that the call for applications will close on 25 June 2019.
All applicants must be:
- Internet Society Members Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance related issues
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to spend a minimum of 8 hours each week during the eLearning Phase
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars
- Not been selected as Youth@IGF Fellow or IGF Ambassador before
The selection committee also attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections. About the Program Starting from this year, the Internet Society will combine the IGF Ambassadors and Youth@IGF into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors. The goal of this program is to empower young adults aged 18 through 30 from all around the world by: Building their capacity through training Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next-generation leadership Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates Providing them with opportunities to participate in the global Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with the broader Internet Governance community Increasing their visibility and preparing them to deliver more meaningful impacts at the local, regional and global levels Mobilizing youth beyond Internet Governance specific topics https://www.internetsociety.org/fellowship/igf-youth-ambassadors-program/