EpiAfric and Digital Health Nigeria proudly announce a call for applications for the Health Meets Tech Application Challenge, holding between June 30th and July 2nd, May 2017.
The challenge will bring existing health tech start-ups and new teams of 3–6 individuals to create, develop and pitch viable technological solutions to improve health outcomes for the average Nigerian. Solutions judged to be viable and promising will be supported with prizes and mentoring to improve clinical viability, exposure and market adoption. The Co-Creation Hub will deliver the Health Meets Tech App Challenge in Yaba, Lagos.
Who may apply?
Interested persons may register to participate, with or without an idea, as your expertise will be used within a team to develop an application. We are looking for:
- Health care workers
- Health care users
- Software developers
- UI/UX designers
- Business people
- All participants must register in advance of the event. Registration closes 2 weeks prior to event and day-of registrations will not be allowed.
- All project teams must be comprised of 3–6 members. If team comprises of less than 3, additional members may be gotten via the event’s fb group.
- Existing teams/ businesses are allowed in this challenge. However, the work to be done during the challenge must be new in either the type of tech deployed or its application.
- No advance contact may be made with judges regarding projects, and knowledge of such communication may lead to a team’s removal from the competition.
- Solutions should be working demos and must be presented at the conclusion of the event.
How to Apply?
Please apply here.
For more information on the challenge, please visit the website at http://www.futureofhealthconference.com/healthappchallenge/# or contact the EpiAfric team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that the challenge begins on June 30th, 2017 and only applications received on or before June 15th, 2017 will be considered
Originally published on Nigeria Health Watch